Project Name: Promotion of Livestock Farming in Balochistan
Location: Baochistan Province
- Enhance productivity of existing livestock dairy, poultry and fisheries resources through development of new technologies, Scientific methods of farming and improved management practices.
- Exploit export potential of livestock, dairy, poultry and fisheries and their products.
- Promote import substitution of milk and dairy products.
- Ensure availability of credit for live stock farmers, especially the landless ones.
- Improve livestock marketing infrastructure.
- Strengthening institution for livestock research, extension and improve their linkages and coordination.
- Genetic improvement of important sheep breeds of Balochistan.
- Development of Baghnari Cattle as beef breed
- Improving small holders dairy farming practices in the selected districts
- Capacity building of stakeholders for improved milk and meat production.