Project Name: Development of Strategy and Implementation Plan for the Progressive Control of Foot and Mouth Disease in Pakistan.
Location: Through out the Pakistan
- Enhance productivity of existing livestock dairy, Poultry and fisheries resources through out Development of new technologies, scientific methods of farming and improved management practices.
- Exploit export potential of livestock, dairy, poultry and fisheries and their products.
- Promote import substitution of milk and dairy products.
- Ensure availability of credit for livestock farmers, especially the landless ones.
- Improve livestock marketing infrastructure.
- Strength institutions for livestock research and extension and improve their linkages and coordination.
- Development of National FMD control strategy including the role of various tiers of the government.
- Requirements for the strengthening the FMD disease diagnosis in the country
- The detail of modern FMD vaccine production facility in the country and its operational mechanism
- The final outcome of the study will be project document on the “Progressive Control of Foot and Mouth Disease in Pakistan.