GOVERNMENT INITIATIVES to attract investment in livestock
Pakistan Government has realized that livestock sector offers tremendous potential for growth and has taken a large number of initiatives in this direction:
• Updating legal framework to make it more investment friendly
• Ensuring Credit availability
• Private sector-led companies for promotion and facilitation of livestock i.e. Livestock and Dairy Development Board and Pakistan Dairy Development Company.
• Approval of Livestock development policy
• Increasing public-sector investment to facilitate and promote the sector development
• Duty free import of all machinery.
• Approval of package for corporate agriculture farming including livestock.